New NY knife ban signed

USA – -(AmmoLand.com)- While we were successful in repealing New York’s Gravity Knife Ban in an effort to solve the problems with New York City’s unconstitutional enforcement scheme, we were unable to stop another irrational knife ban from being put in place. Governor Cuomo has signed S4202, a ban on manufacturing, shipment or possession of “undetectable” knives.

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to New NY knife ban signed

1. warhorse says:

this is why we should say “arms” and not just “firearms”.

many of these “undetectable” items are used for safe training or for moviemaking, and are made of wood or plastic.

now, people will have to train with live steel. so more will get hurt. one more reason why movies won’t get made in NY any more.

• DanB says:

I thinking the liberals in Hollyweird will get a waiver from the liberals in NY.

• the other other Andrew says:

Yup. Arms means weapons means guns means brass knuckles means cannon means ‘rock on a stick’ means spear means bow means anything.

2. Bada bing bada boom says:

I read some of that article. ‘…those who carry such articles may wish to dispose of them…’ What a load of hog snot.

Tell ya what, sonny boy. You want my knife, we can trade lead for steel. Your move. Oh, you and all your friends? Well, I came prepared, how ’bout you? Still not enough? Say hello to my friends. Too bad, so sad you gave your one life, and their’s, for such meaningless cause

3. anonymous says:

Because banning knives in Merry Olde England has been so effective in stopping crime from occurring …

4. Joe Blow says:

Leave.
    GTFO. Seriously, you have ZERO excuse to complain about some communist in New Yorkistan taking your rights away.

• Bacon says:

Bullshit. NY is a large state with a significant population of good decent rural folks who live on family farms and in the woods. It’s just the lower-right corner of the state, plus Albany, that’s completely fucked up.

The problem is no different from Californicated, in which most counties are conservative but three large cities control the state. Or several other states minus a couple of their large libtarded cities.

Seriously, who the hell are you to tell people who have been landowners in place for generations that they should GTFO of their homes? No, it’s the communists who should GTFO of our country.

5. mobiuswolf says:

So my undetectable broadsword is right out?

6. AZRobert says:

Who will make the new “Fredo Knife”….a folder or a fixed blade?

7. crazyeighter says:

If it’s “undetectable”, how is the cop or the DA gonna prove you’ve got it?

8. tallow pot says:

The upside is no plastic cutlery at the picnic.

9. RosalindJ says:

Ceramic chef knife enthusiasts, take note.

10. enn ess says:

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but don’t un-detectable mean nonexistent? Or was he referring to the brains required to come up with the AF nonsense? Your choice…

11. FaCubeItches says:

Pretty sure every knife is “detectable” – it’s just the method of detection that varies.

• Mike_C says:

And suddenly just like that, rectal carry became A Thing outside of prison too.

Man, to think that I have concerns about appendix carry….

• Butch says:

I can’t carry there, had my appendix out years ago.
        Maybe I could appendix carry a non-detectable weapon next to my non-detectable appendix….

Play nice.