Walmart is taking down displays of violent video games in its stores in the wake of recent shootings. But the company plans to still sell the controversial video games — and guns.

The change in policy does not apply to the sale or display of actual firearms. As the nation’s largest retailer, Walmart is also one of the largest sellers of guns and ammunition in the world.

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Walmart pulls violent video game displays from its stores, but it will still sell the games and guns

1. Padawan says:

And GameStop – who is considering filing for bankruptcy – is suddenly back in the green.

• FaCubeItches says:

Unless they change their corporate mantra of “Fuck our customers,”: they’re probably still not long for the world.

2. AZRobert says:

Back in my day it was just pot and pong……now the kids smoke that acid crack blunt stuff and play doom warcraft battleship pc games all night and then go all crazy………

3. samoore says:

I’ve been playing First Person Shooters since Wolfenstein 3D came out 27 years ago.
    If there was any connection between playing shooters and gun violence, I’d have a body count in the hundreds.

(Not a fan of CoD. Don’t like the gameplay).

• Rick says:

Anyone who’s been playing a video game for nigh on three decades deserves to be horsewhipped. Just think of all the hours of your life you have wasted. Oh, that’s right, I expect your argument to be that you haven’t ‘wasted’ that time. Form a business have you? Created jobs? Excelled as an employee? How may promotions have you? Read any classical literature? Give much to charity? I can go on….

No, it is not ‘your’ life to live, not if you live off the collective dime.

• Rusty says:

He never said her played it for 12 hours a day. Just because he enjoys this in his free time doesn’t mean he isn’t a successful businessman or employee. And what does his past time have to do with reading or charity? Kind of a dick reply in my opinion.

• samoore says:

Wow, a lot of assumptions there…

Let’s see:

I had a computer consulting business for about 20 years, and worked for another company full time.

I “excelled” as an employee for 2 companies. Ran a Continuous Digester and Displacement Bleach Plant for one of them, then became a Shift Supervisor. Created new operating and safety procedures, and a shitload of training materials, for both companies.

Had several promotions.

I’ll put my library against anyone’s. I was reading at age 5, and I haven’t stopped.

The last 15 years I worked, my gross income was in 6 figures.

For the 11 years before I retired, I managed a manufacturing network — what do YOU know about AB PLC’s and Rockwell software? Can you find your way around Wonderware?

I regularly give to 3 charitable organizations.

“Live off the collective dime”? I worked from age 18 to 68.

I walk at least 2 rounds of golf every week, or work in the (large) yard of the home I own, and if the weather is so crappy that I can’t do either of those or go to the range, THEN I fire up the gamer for an hour or so.

I’ve enjoyed my life.