A French Soldier’s View of American Soldiers in Afghanistan

What follows is an account from a French ISAF soldier that was stationed with American Warfighters in Afghanistan sometime in the past 6 years. This was copied and translated from an editorial French newspaper.
-WiscoDave

This entry was posted in WiscoDave. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to A French Soldier’s View of American Soldiers in Afghanistan

1. grego says:

Wonderful to read. Made me feel good. I used to be in the military but not the Army….darnit.

2. QP says:

Awesome.
    God Bless America.

3. FaCubeItches says:

He’s just happy to not have to respond to orders with “Jawohl!”

• Mike says:

Near as I can tell, the US hasn’t won a war since WWII unless you count Grenada. After reading this, I’m pretty sure the fault doesn’t lie with the troops.

4. Mike_C says:

For an American’s perspective on fighting alongside French forces, here is an account from Chris Hernandez.

If I remember correctly, Chris is a former Marine, then Army National Guardsman who is a veteran of Iraq, Afghanistan and also served in Kosovo. He’s currently a Texas cop, and an author.

5. Bad_Brad says:

My father flew three tour in a B24 in the European theater. A member of the lucky bastards club. He use to tell me when i was young, “Son, you can trust the Germans much more than the Britts or the French”. True story.

6. Donnie says:

HooRah!

7. BillDave says:

Send bombs, not our best!

8. Mac says:

I call bullshit never met a Frenchman that didn’t think the sun shines out of his arse and he is best at everything. It reads like an American teenager wrote it. Also Frenchmen from some areas are contrary to popular belief absolutely massive.

9. Jeffery in Alabama says:

That is not what I expected. It could be propaganda, but I hope it is true.

• SgtBob says:

Mr. Jeffery, contact Mr. Hernandez for affirmation. Remember, he is a Texan, and if he says another country’s soldiers are good, he has background for that statement.

10. Sanders says:

They get pretty wound up when you moon a cafe full of their officers, though.

Play nice.