Beto: Your guns or your money

Former Rep. Beto O’Rourke provided insight into how police would enforce his proposal for a government confiscation of AR-15s and AK-47s.

The Democratic presidential candidate told reporters he would impose a fine on AR-15 owners to “compel” them to follow the law and turn in their banned firearms. Owners who turn in the guns will then be compensated.

This entry was posted in Gun Control. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Beto: Your guns or your money

1. Whynot says:

It’s been placed into a meme but still true –

Since I’m required to undergo a background check prior to each purchase, the government should have to do the same. And we know how dysfunctional it is, bordering on the psychotic – which should disqualify it from owning firearms.

2. anonymous says:

Sounds like like Obummer Care ploy (you pay me one way or the other).

I like the current version – I’ll buy and keep what I have without your permission. And as long as I don’t commit any crimes, I’m free and clear. You do the same – sounds reasonable, no ?

• FaCubeItches says:

“I’ll buy and keep what I have without your permission. And as long as I don’t commit any crimes, I’m free and clear. You do the same – sounds reasonable, no ?”

Not even a little bit, no.
      – The Government

3. Jack says:

Beto is a Gift.
    All video, spoken speech and Official Policy Statements by him should be kept.
    I encourage folks to copy and store as much of the above as can be done on your free time
    You can bet, Scrubbing Will Occur.
    Sooner OR Later.

I would say the same goes for the whole lot.

IMHO

4. steve says:

Heh, those commie demoncrats really like your money(fines). That’s the same strategy they used with obamcare. And look at how well that worked. I bet right now there are less people insured then before.

• crazyeighter says:

Wasn’t this how FedGov stopped people from making whiskey and smoking dope?

My feeling is that since Irish Bob has absolutely no chance for the nomination, the Dems are having him float all these trial balloons.

5. Bad_Brad says:

Beta gave Trump a political scapegoat for tapping out on any new gun law.

6. enn ess says:

So tell me ButtO how does this work again….. I buy a rifle with MY money, a rifle I’m legally, entitled and encouraged (read the 2nd) to possess. You tell me I can’t have it cause you know, you know more than I do, and force me to give it to you or you’ll fine me forcing me to pay you more of MY money, or you’ll buy it back again with more of MY money….. Sounds to me like you’ve gone all criminal intent and I shouldn’t be giving any of MY money to support your sorry rotting carcass or the rest of the fleabags in congress ever again……. Not in my lifetime mr. douche….

7. WestcoastDeplorable says:

I’m no “Beto” fan but I’ll give him points for bringing the dem’s agenda out in the open. They really do want to “disarm America” and we can’t let that happen.

8. Eli says:

Beto the Sodomite
    Genesis 19:28
    And he looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah and toward all the land of the valley, and he looked and, behold, the smoke of the land went up like the smoke of a furnace.

9. Gryphon says:

“Beto” is Proof that the commies have become to believe their own Stupid Propaganda, and are so disconnected from reality that if they continue to spew this kind of Nonsense, all they are going to do is reveal themselves to so many ‘fence sitters’ that the demoRat Party will Lose even Worse than in 2016.

But just in case, Buy More Ammo.

10. Sanders says:

Ummmm….No!

11. Oldav8r says:

“We expect our fellow Americans to follow the law.” We expect elected officials to do the same. Read the Constitution.

12. Eric says:

Beto is the best campaign manager Trump ever had!!!

13. PaddyO' says:

Has everyone seen the Beto Not T-shirts with the AR on it? Sweet!

14. Sedition says:

Shit in one hand and wish in the other, Sparky.

15. Mike_C says:

Pretty sure it’s “Your guns AND your money.”

16. TwoDogs says:

Licensing and insurance requirements, just like for cars. That’s how they’ll get most of them, although the fact that I’m just as dangerous with one gun as with fifty never enters their empty heads. Expect a campaign against “arsenals” real soon.

17. Arc says:

Oh FRANNNSISSS!

Good luck finding anything that is buried in countryside that has been littered up and junked up by multiple generations of family members. Can’t scan every square foot of the USA with air based LIDAR either.

I’ll keep my guns AND my money. You can’t tax the unemployed!

18. Ohio Guy says:

80% lowers have no numbers, no paperwork. Some assembly required.

19. Butch says:

Is there a FFL person here in this thread? I am not sure if this is the actual ‘steps’ that are taken when a gun is purchased, but I think it is close. You go to a gun store and find the gun you want. Depending on state law, if it is a long gun in some states you can pay for it and take it home the same day. Mostly pistols have a waiting period.

Now the background check. The shop owner calls some number and gives someone on the other end your name, address, drivers license # and whatever else is needed to ID you. When the gun is actually traded from seller to buyer a paper is filled out. Maybe it is a Fed 4470? (Maybe I have Henry’s 44-70 on the brain)

Have you ever seen one filled out? Mostly I have seen them filled out in pencil. And everyone I ever saw was unreadable. Then the buyer signs it. And I believe that paper has to be kept by the gun store for a certain time limit. Is that a true fact?

Beto might not realize the only hard record of what gun went where is a penciled piece of paper stored in some obscure file cabinet that no one can read. So,how is Beto going to know who owns a gun or where it is? And if you bought it in one address and have moved, no record was filed noting that fact.

Where’s all the guns Beto?

The first time I had to fill out any form when buying a gun was around 1976 or so. The gun store guy filled out the fed form so fast his pencil broke, had to find another, finished his part, turned the form around to me to fill in my part. He looked me square in the eyes and said, “it’s kinda messy, huh?” I followed suit. I couldn’t even read what I wrote for my name and address. But that did the trick.

Form 4473 if it’s sold from a gun shop and yes, by law the paper stays in the gun shop. But if they’re willing to violate the Bill of Rights, do you think they’ll have any qualms about violating federal law?
      In TN, there’s no waiting period for either a handgun or long gun. They figure if you can pass the background check, you’re good with the State.

Play nice.