Selco: You Know the SHTF Has Started When People Begin Losing Their Guns

We are conditioned to think that an SHTF event is going to be something flashy and surprising, in a way that it is going to be a moment in time when you can recall the day and the hour. People think that it will make a strict and sharp cornerstone between normal everyday life, and SHTF time.
-WiscoDave

This entry was posted in Gun Control, WiscoDave. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Selco: You Know the SHTF Has Started When People Begin Losing Their Guns

1. wayne says:

I do not believe they will ever come to “get your guns”. It will be unneccesary. Once the law is passed that you cannot own one without permission (and you will not have permission), by using it to defend yourself in your home, they will come get YOU. You could be faced with prison if you defend yourself or death if you don’t – some choice.

• arc says:

Sheriffs still have to enforce it and juries still have to permit it. People like me enjoy nullifying bad and over reaching laws.

• Travis says:

Arc, I agree 100%. Jury nullification is my favorite thing in the whole world…

• steve magendans says:

It’s happening in new Zealand right now

2. Trish says:

I hate ticks more than spiders and I REALLY hate spiders.

3. trib says:

Going to a friend house. Sunday my flat boat overturned on the lake. I lost all my registered rifles and 3k of ammo. Depth finder showing 120 foot and a fast current heading toward the dam. Able to right the boat and save most of the fishing gear. Notified Park ranger who said “You too”

• Lineman says:

Do you think by the time that the US is so corrupted that they are coming to round up your guns that they will even give a shit about your explanations of where your guns are at… I think while your explaining that to them they will be raping your wife, shooting your kids and dogs, and setting your belongings on fire…Why is it people believe that thugs will care about anything they say? When that time comes if your not looking at law enforcement as equivalent to MS13 then it’s going to go really badly for you and you won’t get the chance to die on your feet it will be on your knees in front of a ditch…

• crazyeighter says:

Think about how Boston PD was acting after the Marathon Bombing when they were trying to find the bomber that killed one of their own.

That’s what it will be like.

4. waitingForTheStorm says:

I started reading Selco over a decade ago, before he monetized his website. I know it was that long ago because I still lived in Texas and I have been absent that place for almost eight years. I read everything he wrote and it was riveting. His tales prompted me to seriously rethink some of my actions and were chock full of what sounded like legitimate experience. His early stuff was all about the deprivations he faced and advice on how he would mitigate those going forward. I believed what he wrote; it sounded like it came from someone who had been there. Sobering.

I don’t know if I will survive the next great collapse, which I am increasingly coming to believe will happen. But if I have to go down hard, I hope it will be surrounded by a pile of spent brass…

5. Sabre22 says:

The supreme court has already ruled after the Gun Control act of 1968 that convicted felons CANNOT be made to register their gun as it violates their right to NOT incriminate themselves

6. Gryphon says:

It has become Obvious now that Guns will be Banned… that still doesn’t change the Math, too many Guns, not enough thugpigs to Take them. Once even a Minority realizes that they eventually will be ‘targeted’ for ‘selective enforcement’, that is when the Bullets start Flying. Preemptively.

• crazyeighter says:

I’m thinking we may be past the tipping point with guns, much like with Prohibition and smoking weed, that law enforcement can’t contain the violators, and the general public doesn’t support them in their efforts to do so.

Hey, it’s my own stupid opinion in my own little world; let me enjoy it.

Play nice.