Dolly Parton celebrates 50 years with the Grand Ole Opry

Dolly Parton is celebrating a milestone in her career. She’s been a member of the Grand Ole Opry for 50 years.

On Saturday, the Opry celebrated with Bill Anderson, Jeannie Seely, Candi Carpenter, Margo Price, Connie Smith, Toby Keith, Lady Antebellum, and Hank Williams Jr. Those artists all performed, along with Dolly herself.

This entry was posted in Music, Tennessee. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Dolly Parton celebrates 50 years with the Grand Ole Opry

1. wtfamisupposedtodoforausername says:

Dolly is, and always has been, a class act. Kudos for 50, honey.

2. Ed says:

She’s got quite a sense of humor, and smart. I was watching an interview with her, she said, “some people think I’m a dumb blond, I ain’t dumb, and I ain’t blond” . Good for you Dolly.

3. Chadd Newman says:

She’s put a lot of her money right back into helping people in Sevier County, Tennessee, by providing work and education. Not to mention the millions of free books she’s provided to children all over Appalachia. I won’t allow an unkind word about Dolly to be said in my presence.

How about her offering every family that was burned out in that Gatlinburg a thousand bucks a month until they got back on their feet?

• the other other Andrew says:

Love to see the standard Hollyweird celebrity do that with any natural disaster.

Oh, wait, they don’t and won’t. Now some warlord in Africa needs money ‘for the children’ they’ll be on that like white on rice, or flies on a bloated corpse…

• Scarecrow says:

That is good to hear. I still won’t go to Dollywood, not my scene. Gatlinburg still had a lot of visible damage last year, damn shame.

4. DW says:

I clicked on the link for the rest of the story and was hit with spam saying my windows weren’t up to date. I couldn’t cancel it out, every time I tried I got more windows. Hit the power on the surge protector and had to reboot. Currently running a full scan. Anyone else have this problem?

5. Inbred Redneck says:

Saw her at the re-done Paramount Theater in Oakland in the Seventies. Great show, definitely got our money’s worth. For an encore, she came out and told us that after their long tour, her band was tired so she’d just do a couple of numbers for us. Ended up bein’ a half an hour, just her on the banjo. Damn, that girl’s good. No idea how she could play with those long nails of hers but I could practice for the rest of my life and my playin’ wouldn’t be half as good as she sounded that night.
    Classiest performer I’ve ever seen.

Play nice.