Gotta make sure you identify your target, people

A Georgia hunter was fatally shot after being mistaken for a deer by another person in his hunting party, police said.

Bobby Lane, 17, was in an area of heavy foliage on Saturday when he was thought to be an animal by another hunter, the Glynn County Police Department said in a press release.

This entry was posted in Hunting, News. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Gotta make sure you identify your target, people

1. Daryl says:

Guy I met up with on the road back to my truck. “I didn’t see any, but I took a couple sound shots.”
    These people are out there.

2. Aesop says:

Don’t go hunting with stupid people.

That would be most of them, by actual tally.

3. Joe Blow says:

Darwin folks. Darwin. He wrote laws and studied this shit. Can tell ya how it all plays out.

4. Rayvet says:

Ok, so I’m reading this and thinking, what a terrible accident and reflects poorly on hunting skills shooting at what you can’t see. Then get to the end and am reminded that we’re still just in bow season, guns not yet. That means 1) They’re poachers plain and simple 2) The hunter should be charged with a manslaughter or murder charge since he was using a firearm for purposes not allowed during that time. It’s a bit harder to get worked up with sympathy over something like this.

5. UH1H CE says:

I got shot at once when some guys doing a drive opened up on a doe running right towards me. They even knew I was there. That was the last time I went hunting in George Washington National Forest!

6. Unclezip says:

This is the time of year I love to hike in the mountains. But with the massive influx of stoopid, it’s just not safe anymore.

7. arc says:

17. . .

Fresh pups want to prove themselves and gain bragging rights, and of course end up taking stupid risks to get it. Such is the way its been since the start of mankind. Not expecting it to change any time soon.

8. FaCubeItches says:

Always have to wonder how many hunting accidents are really “accidents”

9. Padawan says:

This right here is the reason why I worry about Warhorse when he goes hunting.

10. SS says:

When I was a kid my dad used me as his dog…”there’s a nice clump..go flush them out boy”. We went hunting once for pheasant with a guy and his boy had a 22 semi auto(!). A bird jumped up and the kid swung around letting off about ten rounds. We hit the ground while slugs whined over head. The guy said “hell…its only a 22”. We left them as fast as possible. It’s incredible the number of morons running around.