‘nother one

FORT WORTH, Texas — A black woman was shot and killed by a white police officer in her Fort Worth, Texas home after a neighbor called dispatchers to report the woman’s front door was open, police said.

The officers were searching the perimeter of the woman’s home when they saw a person standing near a window inside and one of them opened fire, killing her, Fort Worth police said.

This entry was posted in To Protect and Serve, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to ‘nother one

1. Tim in AK says:

That was a bad shoot, and they need to be held to account for it.

Sneaking around and whispering to each other instead of announcing themselves…..then they catch her by surprise and shoot her 1/2 a second later before she has time to register what’s happening and can comply.

2. Rick says:

As much as I support and appreciate the job police do, the militaristic, shoot first, ask questions later has got to go.
    If the article is correct, which remains to be seen, the officer needs to go to prison, and the family should receive a huge settlement from the city.

• arc says:

Even the military doesn’t shoot first. We require a weapon be presented AT us, or be fired upon before returning fire.

Life in prison, give the cops entire retirement pension to the kid.

• FaCubeItches says:

“and the family should receive a huge settlement from the city.”

That’s part of the problem with all of this: the innocent taxpayers take the hit, not the guys who did the shooting, who authorized the lousy training, etc.

3. Tsquared says:

Looks like murder to me.

4. Gordon says:

Another one like Mitch the Little Bitch Brailsford. Itchy trigger finger and scared to the point of pissing his panties. But, he went safely home to his house at the end of his watch. That’s all that matters-because you surely don’t matter to them.

5. nonncom says:

Ok…..I don’t quite understand….”This is the police….show me your hands” would have been appropriate….”To serve and protect”…..hmmm…..whom?….

6. joe says:

fucking pigs

7. bogsidebunny says:

Not good. More fuel tossed on the Trayvon bonfire!

• FaCubeItches says:

Hey, you can’t hang that one on us. One of you mundanes popped Trayvon.
      – The police

8. Skipperdaddy says:

I read an article cpl weeks ago about welfare checks gone bad. Might have been on burning platform. Pretty much gives the cops carte blanche to recipeints house. I avoid all contact, even eye contact with all LEOs, and yea I know there are some good ones but it takes interaction to sort those out. I have never had a cop help me. Just my experience with them. OTOH if we did not have LE we all know what a goat fuck society would be. You’d be shooting motherfuckers all day. I guess its a “hate me til you need me” type thing. Tread lightly.

• Miles Long says:

“You’d be shooting motherfuckers all day.”

Only at first until the shit settled out

9. Chris Mallory says:

I have said it before and I will say it again. It is well past time we disarmed cops. Citizens should be armed, not civilian government employees.

Yes, yes, I know. “How many times should a cop be shot at before they defend themselves?” As many times as it takes to make sure they are not shooting an innocent. The life of a citizen is worth more than the life of a cop.

10. Charlie Hargrave says:

Color don’t matter. Police are not your friend.

The ‘one bad apple’ analogy does not apply, until they start, or let us start, weeding out the bad apples.

11. MMinLamesa says:

Thanks Mr Neighbor-if you were that familiar with this woman’s habits, why not ring her up and see WTF?

I have most of my neighbor’s #s and they have mine.

I’m a firm believer in NEVER call the cops, in most cases, and this is most definitely one.

The folks across the street called me a couple months ago and told me they had a prowler in their yard and asked if could I please come over and give their son some cover while he cleared the property. I went over and did the neighborly thing for their son (in his mid to late 20s, maybe) and when the wife was talking to her husband who works out of town the next morning he was wondering why in the hell didn’t we just call the cops? To be honest with you, none of us even thought about it. Hell, the sheriff’s department is 10 miles or more away, it would’ve taken a deputy a good 20 minutes or more to get here anyways.

12. Singlestack says:

There is no more dangerous place to be than in sight of a cop

13. pigpen51 says:

I blame part of it on the many military types that we have sent to war over the last
    15+ years, who get out of the military, and then end up joining police forces. The rules of engagement are much different for police than they are for military. It is most likely hard to retrain a person who is used to simply shooting first and then calling in an airstrike, to instead have to follow the rules that a police force has. Not that it is always the case, but I suspect that it happens more often than we could imagine.

14. One night (about 2AM) I was reloading some .38 brass and using my GP100 every so many rounds to be sure I was getting the crimp right and such when a State cop comes walking up to my workshop window. There I am standing there feeding a round into the cylinder with the pistol pointing roughly at the window as the cop comes walking up and looking right at me. I honestly thought I was a dead man but that cop did not even blink. I walked out with the pistol still in my hand and he never once even mentioned it. Turns out there was a whole herd of cattle out on the road about a quarter mile down from my farm and I was the closest place in the area. I helped the kid (as he was justa kid) out and then wrote a letter to the department praising this cops actions and attitude.

Only positive experience I ever had that included a cop in it. This shooter could take a few pointers from that guy.

15. Dwan Seicheine says: