And….. I’m down again

Every time I click on something, it directs me to a page that says WordPress has successfully updated, then sends me to the blog itself, not my super secret squirrel dashboard where I work my magic. The only reason I can post this now is I already had the window open.
I may go offline again tomorrow for a day or two, I don’t know, but I’m not even going to call tech support tonight. I’m just not in the mood to fuck with it right now.

And a couple hours later, it seems better again. At least I can get into my dashboard without too many problems.

This entry was posted in Blog. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to And….. I’m down again

1. greg says:

Good luck. We’ll be waiting.

2. H says:

Dammit, son, nothing more irritating than the technology not technologizing like it’s supposed to.

Many’s the time I’ve thought of ginning up my own blog and then something like this harpoons a site I like and make me go, hmm, maybe not so much…….

3. John h says:

Chill its all good. From a member of the gold medal of honor club. Ur time, ur schedule. Do it at ur speed and patience level. I cant imagine how frustrating it must be to have a functioning system one day and the next a catastrophe of epic proportions. Easy come easy go. We’ll be here w/ wrath and vigor if u tell us where to direct it. Lol.
    John h.

4. arc says:

Take a break from it all, grill a phone jockey in a day or two. Take it from someone who is having his own tech issues and tech failures, 6TB backup drive, brand new, spontaneously shit out its file system and several terabytes of data. (Was consolidating older backups and formatting old drives, so the one time there wasn’t a backup, the new backup breaks. Go figure.)

Something alcoholic usually helps, and comfort foods.

5. mrgarabaldi says:

hey Kenny;

Keep plugging away, your blog is very popular amongst us “Counter culture” people.

6. Jack says:

Sir,

I used my printer as a Target once.
    It told me i was using the wrong paper. The exact same paper from the exact same box.
    After a attempted reboot of everything… it told me the same thing.
    Fuuuuuuuuuck You Chinese POS, Meet Mr. Benelli and his friend dbl 0.
    It never told me that again. :)

Don’t drive yourself insane. All things in perspective.
    Family First
    Self Next
    And if you find time…US Deplorables.

I think it’s safe to say, We that visit your site…..
    Thank You for all you do.

7. Rob in Katy says:

May I suggest beer…

8. Bright Eyes says:

It could be worse. Ya could be on hold with the Rolling Stones playing. In view of that, not so bad eh?

9. chillhill says:

Fuking upgrades. Assholes don’t know the adage if it ain’t broke…

10. Daryl says:

Your readers are loyal, many of your detractors are too. Most of us should be doing something productive anyway. Take time, sort it out.

11. Andy says:

Ken, Sorry to hear you’ve still got troubles. The good and the bad of wp is it is so highly configurable. Looks like you are using vs. 5.3 – is that the latest and greatest? I try to stay behind at least a couple of versions ’cause the shiniest tends to be buggy. Got rid of jetpack when I had issues as I found it tends to gobble resources.

Anyway, you know how to reach out.

Andy

• MT says:

Andy,
      Totally agree with that logic.
      Golden rule #1: stay at least two versions behind (for reason stated above).
      Golden rule #2: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
      Do you concur that the potential cause could be version incompatibility (wp vs jetpack)? Maybe a rollback to a pre-update version would help to isolate the problem.

[Kenny, maybe you’ve outgrown wp. Time to upgrade to something else?]

12. Elmo says:

What a pain in the ass. Sounds like going through an IRS audit would be preferable to what you’re going through now.
    Good thing you’ve got your therapy dogs by your side.

13. samoore says:

Speaking from experience:

Solving a technical issue is a pain in the ass.
    Dealing with a vendor to solve the problem is orders of magnitude worse.
    Dealing with a vendor that continues to offer the wrong solutions will drive one to the liquor store, or the crack pipe.

I had an application that continued to fail. The vendor kept saying that “all” I needed to do was re-compile the app, even after I pointed out that it was obviously an ActiveX issue.
    After a lot of searching, I found a 3rd Party web site that had a shitload of advice on dealing with just the issue I was seeing.

I’ll bet that there’s a forum somewhere with a lot of good advice on what you’re going through.

Sometimes, the vendor is the last place you look for help.

One piece of advice: take a day or two off — live your life, clear your head.
    We’ll all be here rooting for you, and pleased as punch when you’re back.

14. antzinpantz says:

When I was going through this (no longer us WP as a standalone so can’t verify for sure now) I found that when WP upgraded and my blog shit the bed it was some conflict with the service provider’s server software not playing nice with WP.

I know it doesn’t help much but…….

Play nice.