And to think I refuse to wait in line for gas

As thousands of travelers drive across the country over the holiday weekend, several Tesla owners in California were stuck waiting in line for a backed-up charging station.

In a video titled, ‘Tesla Energy Crisis,’ footage shows a massive line of Teslas waiting for their turn at a Supercharger station in San Luis Obispo around 4.45pm on Thanksgiving day.

This entry was posted in California, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to And to think I refuse to wait in line for gas

1. nonncom says:

From what I understand, if everybody went out and bought an electric vehicle, took it home and plugged it in, it would crash the grid nation wide….not having the proper info to verify, I do not know how true this is, so I decided to use the democrat tactic of putting out unverified bullshit immediately….

• Exile1981 says:

When I worked for the power company 3 years ago the bosses had lots on meetings with the engineers on that topic. They had figured out that 10% of cars switching to electric could cause brown outs.
      That was from internal reports, so no idea if its in the public domain.

2. Unclezip says:

You could make a bundle hauling a decent diesel generator with multiple taps. If they (and the taxpayers, with the subsidy) can afford a POS, they can afford to charge the POS.

3. crazyeighter says:

No, they want you and I to build charging stations. It’s like Barbie dolls: the car is the cheapest part; the accessories will break you.

4. Nemo says:

Commiefornia, where the .gov legislates everything to be powered by electricity, then they tell the power company to turn it off.

5. Bad_Brad says:

I hate electric cars. Particularly Tesla’s. For many reasons, which i won’t take the time to list. Where I live we are filthy with them. If you don’t own one, you’re NOT saving the planet.
    I’d like to see some stats on how many people get run over in parking lots by these quite pieces of shit. You can’t hear them running. You can’t see the exhaust out of the pipes. All you see is white back up lights and the piece of crap flying backwards all simultaneously. I’ve had a couple close calls with a few moron Tesla pilots.

Play nice.