LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

The Virginia Mercury reported Northam spokeswoman Alena Yarmosky used a statement to say, “The governor’s assault weapons ban will include a grandfather clause for individuals who already own assault weapons, with the requirement they register their weapons before the end of a designated grace period.”
-Link and photo courtesy of WiscoDave

This entry was posted in Gun Control, Liberals, WiscoDave. Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

1. RHT447 says:

Games indeed. Played this one already. I still have a copy of my “assault weapon” registration from Kalifornia Dept. of Just Us. Dated Jan 2001. I keep it taped on the door of my gun safe as a reminder here in Texas.

At the time, I wasn’t so concerned about being law abiding as I was just being able to continue a heretofore perfectly legal activity without looking over my shoulder. If the game should go to round two here, it will involve a firefight.

• Anonny cause I'm not sure ya'll'll get the humor says:

The AR Colt SP-1 I bought from a San Diego Co. sheriff deputy in 1974, turned me into an alleged criminal In 1990ish when the nations 1st “Assault Weapon” law went into effect merely because I didn’t rush down to register it. Approximately 90% of the other sporting rifle owners also forgot to rush down do register their rifles, also, even after 2 or 3 much advertised amnesties. I ended up selling it to a San Diego city cop for $1500 around 2003. Moved to a free state and can now buy them for $450, no hassle. My one stupid friend wanted to do “the right thing” and registered his. A few years later, He was Felony Hot Stopped on the freeway. Why? Because his info was red flagged with an Assault Weapon warning when a CHP ran his license plate. After much freaking out and fear he was let go because, as it turned out, he was a law abiding citizen. I think there’s a lessen in there somewhere, but I’m not sure what it is. Oh yea!!! Register your guns!!! If it saves just one life, isn’t it worth it?!? It’s for the chlluns!!! Yea….that’s the ticket.

2. Free Citizen says:

Dear Gov—KMA. Come and get them. Be a real man and come personally.

3. brent says:

Just keep pushing, you dumbfucks, and some nutjob will start the Assassination Games early.

4. DrRiff says:

So an AR-10 is totally cool, right?

• the other other Andrew says:

Should be, after all, mathematically, it’s only 2/3rds as dangerous as an AR-15…

• Gryphon says:

The ‘ban’ will be on every Semi-Auto gun, regardless of make or model. See what they are doing here, “Registration” within a short Time period, then anyone randomly caught with one gets arrested. No ‘door-to-door’ confiscations, thugpigs aren’t THAT stupid. Keep your eye on Tazewell County, they are organizing a Militia, led by one of the County Councilmen. No Way can the state or feds ignore that challenge to their ‘rule of law’.

• capt fast says:

I don’t think so. some african country bought them for military use so that makes them assault weapons by that ignorant shise’s openended definition.

• Nifter says:

Yes. It’s 5 AR’s safer…

• james says:

yeah, of course, it’s not as deadly as a AR15 obviously.

5. dhmosquito says:

So glad I moved the fuck out of that shithole state ten years ago. The handwriting was on the wall even then.

• Joe says:

I am also glad i left 10 years ago.

• sunny says:

It won’t matter which state you live in soon. They will all do this. Look for it. We ALL need to stop this at the Virginia state level before it goes further.
        sunny

• Bob says:

BS they will never try that shit in Alabama

• Jeffery in Alabama says:

I believe you are correct Bob. However, this blossom of tyranny needs nipped in the bud. VA needs not to be a Litmus test for “gun control”, but for law abiding gun owners and their Second Amendment Rights..
            Sic Semper Tyrannis

• LoL No says:

Sunny gets it. For the 2 above, where ya plan on running away to when there are no more free states?…. Serious question.

6. Phil says:

HA HA HA HA!
    Fuck you Guvnah.
    I keep waiting for this shit here in Wa state.
    They’ll get the same response.

• wes says:

Hey Phil, I’m going to be in your neck of the woods this Friday evening and Saturday. Unfortunately it’s for a funeral, but if I can squeeze out a moment or two it might be nice to meet you face to face and shake a hand.

Can’t guarantee it will happen but if you’re interested I’m sure Ken will pass along my email and we can work out further connection info from there.

Let me know.

Later
      Wes
      wtdb

7. Nemo says:

This shit’s gonna go south in a hurry between VA and FL. I’m actually surprised that there hasn’t been a major move in CT, CA or NYFS to start tracking down violators.

8. Bear says:

It covers a whole lot more an AR-15s.

Grandfathering and registration are NOT in the current text. Total ban.

9. CarlS says:

Any attempt by this governor – or any other politician at any level – to violate a Right is a violation of federal law (USC 42 ?), making said politician a criminal. In as much as taking away someone’s Rights necessarily involves the threat and use of deadly force, self-defense is an obvious response. As the various state and federal governments have demonstrated that the best defense is a good offense, it would appear the politicians are felony-level violent criminals who have, by their own actions, placed themselves on the most-wanted endangered species list. After all, self-defense is not and cannot be a crime . . .

10. Jack says:

“ Gov. Ralph Northam (D) announced Monday his “assault weapons” ban will mean AR-15 owners can either register their guns with the government or hand them over.”

Hahaha,ok.
    I bet Lightning Link, Auto Sear and Conversion are running high in the search engine look see’s.

What a bunch of dumb ass’s

11. brent says:

Also, have you all SEEN whats available with inexpensive home 3D printing files (freely available for d/l)? Lightning Links, suppressor baffles, happy parts, lowers, and all kinds of other shit. Sure, they wont work as long as metal machined parts, but Dammit tech is advancing every day. How long until we see affordable home units doing some new polymer that functions like it was steel in certain applications.

12. Dwan Seicheine says:

Over 45 (43)? county sheriff’s had said hell no already.
    This governor is going to go down hard.

13. crazyeighter says:

You’ve got to get the law passed first Guv’nah.

14. Sedition says:

Well, the match has been lit. Let’s see if they’re stupid enough to drop it in the puddle of gas they’ve managed to pour around themselves.

15. woodsterman says:

How long do we have to wait before the Supreme Count spanks his little bottom.

16. Putz says:

Yeah, I think NY passed that shit about registration…think they had like 5% register…the other 95% must have all gone down in a single boating accident…or so I have heard.

• Hiker Mike says:

It was more like <1%.

New York initially would not release the registration compliance numbers but after the state lost a Foil lawsuit the number at that time was around 29,000 or so long guns that were registered and get this, the ones that were registered belonged mostly to state and local LEOs and military personnel who were stationed and resided within NY state.

New York residents as a whole refused to comply and register their long guns.

On a side note it didn't take long for somebody to build a 'New York compliant ar-15' variant to get around the restrictions in the safe act.

17. UH1H CE says:

Our governor needs to recall our State Motto: Sic Semper Tyrannis!!!

18. Tsquared says:

That would be a big NO

I see higher courts kicking it to the curb.

19. crazyeighter says:

Speaking of SCOTUS, they’re debating the first Second Amendment case since McDonald. Ya can’t help but wonder if this outbreak of “incidents” is trying to influence their decision.

20. ChuckN says:

So what? Unless the state police, sheriff’s office and guard show up to arrest the governor and every loser in the legislature (and the state AG who did nothing) who is openly for this, under the change of openly and blatantly subverting the Constitution and depriving people of their constitutional rights; absolutely nothing will happen. The left will just keep pushing and the right will think they can win court battle after court battle. Heck the GOP won’t even get off it’s but to field a recall petition. Nothing will change.

21. CC says:

Why go door to door?
    Sneaky bastards will wait until you show up at the range.

22. LoL No says:

I’d like to say I feel sorry for the cops tasked with enforcing these laws but the truth is, if they do so, voluntarily they deserve to die in the attempt. On a completely different note, coming to MY house where my family resides turns YOUR house into a legitimate military target. Sic Parabellum, motherfuckers. I’ll be left in peace, or else…

Play nice.