Detroit…..

The 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is one of the hottest cars of the year, but this is ridiculous.

Car and Driver and MotorTrend have each published images of a black 2020 Stingray propped up on bricks with its wheels removed on a Detroit street.
-WiscoDave

This entry was posted in WiscoDave, You can't make this shit up. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Detroit…..

1. Ed says:

Apparently the locking wheel lugs were an optional extra.

• capt fast says:

what it is, is the latest anti-theft technology from GM. when the car is parked and the lock on the remote is activated, the trunk monkey exits the trunk, spanner and jack in hand, raises the car placing his bricks under the frame, removes the wheels to the trunk, climps back in and closes the lid. he is so quick to be almost invisible while in action. get out of the car, hit the alarm and lock on the remote, turn to watch and too late, he is already done!
      Isn’t technology grand!

2. Bear says:

Crime, or publicity stunt? The public release of these isn’t even supposed to happen until next month.

3. Bert says:

Back in ’82 I was at the local Cheby dealer getting some **more** warranty work done on our pos new Chevy. Out front was a car hauler loaded with 9 Corvettes. The driver-a very seasoned looking mature guy-told me he was delivering 1 ‘vette to each of 9 dealers in 9 different cities; it would take him 2 full days before he returned to home base.

Numbers racing through my head; took a guess at the MSRP for those puppies and came up with well over $6 million worth of inventory on his rig.

• Rayvet says:

Think you moved a decimal point one place to far. Average cost of Corvette last few years is about 70K. That would make 9 of them 630,000. Still not chump change but far from 6 million.

• Bert says:

You are right.

As the money people in the goobermint would say: “What’s a decimal point or two”?

In ’82 $600K was a pretty big fortune. Either way you look at it, there was an awful lot of testosterone oozing off that car hauler.

4. censusdesignatedplace says:

I had the valve stem caps stolen from my Pinto at a motorcycle swap meet in Sac back in the 80’s.
    Still haven’t gotten over it…

• Bert says:

Ford built the Pinto at their factory over in Fremont that now builds Teslas (after being the NUMI plant-the jv between GM and Toyota-for a couple decades). In spite of Elon’s building decorations you can still see hints of it being an old Ford plant.

• Ed says:

Blue spray paint on the engine stands?

• Cederq says:

Had a buddy’s dad who worked at that plant and bought himself a bare bones Pinto two door and within a year had a top of the line Pinto decked out in all the options you could get… Cadillac, one part at a time…

• crazyeighter says:

I read a story a few years ago about a Ford factory worker that ordered his very baseline “Retirement Truck” and then went up and down the line calling in favors owed by his co-workers. It made it through the line and the last inspector took one look at the build sheet and the truck and said “No fuckin’ way.”

• JT says:

Isn’t “top of the line Pinto” an oxymoron?

• censusdesignatedplace says:

Makes sense. I remember that plant. I bought it new from McCoy Ford in Anaheim in 1972. $2600.00 if I remember correctly. Lots of mods to get some horsepower and make it handle. I drove it everywhere. Finally wore down the 2 liter and sold it to a guy with a buggy project. Built up a Ford V-8 small block from a Sunbeam Tiger and stuffed it under the hood.
        Good times and no smog checks!

• nonncom says:

That 289 was a helluvan engine…..I heard tales of builders like Shelby getting 600 hp out of one….seems it wouldn’t have lasted too long, but man, fun while it lasted….

5. Steve says:

I’m somewhat of a purist. As far as I’m concerned, they stopped making good Vettes after 1967.

• crazyeighter says:

The only reason I’d wan’t something post-67 would be for the dual-circuit brakes rather than the single-circuit on the 67.

6. Ohio Guy says:

That’d be my daily driver… on sunny, dry days, with temps between 50 and 80 and light traffic. And when not driving, parked in a giant humidore.