Foreigner

This entry was posted in Music, Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Foreigner

1. thinkingman says:

Wasn’t their hit, “I want to know what love is ” on the Rock, Pop, AND Gospel charts simultaneously?

I don’t know, I didn’t listen to them much – too commercial for my taste. Same thing with Foghat.

• Sedition says:

It was their biggest hit, and their death nail. The core fans thought they went commercial/pop and abandoned them.

• thinkingman says:

Yeah, just like anyone who was flirting with real success in Punk Rock- the sure way to kill off listening fans was to get signed- with a few notable exceptions , like The Ramones who lasted until they fell prey to first member changes , and then individual interest and deaths ( DeeDee being predictable, Joey being unfortunate but, looking at his not robust make up, well, that figured. Johnny was kind of the WTF! dx- not unheard of, just not what I’d think of for myself.) Good long run, though to fill a big venue, they had to book in South America, or England. Saw them a couple of time at a place called Janus Landing in St Petersburg, FL. back in the day.

2. PaddyO' says:

Great in concert. All great songs. My fav is Double Vision. I don’t get it since I’m blind in my left eye :-)

3. PaddyO' says:

When I have a few beers…

4. Bright Eyes says:

Too new for this ol fart. I like good ol rock an roll, Johnny Cash and Western Music not to be confused with Country Western music. Big difference.

5. Sarthurk says:

That was me, then. Not much different now. Dirty old boy.

6. Ersatz Naugahyde says:

I’ve been in trouble since I don’t know when. I’m in trouble now and I know some how I’ll find trouble again.. Cause I’m a dirty white boy…..

7. Roger Feist says:

Thank you. Brings back some memories.