I’m calling dogshit on this one

How’s this for “important” news?

Dogs use the Earth’s magnetic field when relieving themselves. Not only that, but they do so in a north-south axis, a new study says.
-WiscoDave

*****

I’ve watched CharlieGodammit shit for years and he always lined himself up with whatever he was shitting next to in order to make sure I was going to step in it. My truck’s parked diagonally, so he’d shit diagonally.

This entry was posted in CharlieGodammit, Dogs, WiscoDave. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to I’m calling dogshit on this one

1. brent says:

ok, laugh all you want but I had 2 dogs that I noticed doing this exact thing. I mean, whenever we walked them around the neighborhood, they aligned N-S regardless of where they were. Enough that I noticed it without any prompting and mentioned it to my wife. They’d do it about 90% of the time. Current dog doesn’t show this at all. Same breed.
    So go figger.

2. Jack says:

Who gives a dog shit about how a dog shitZ.
    I assume thats a govt funded $3.6million dollar study for JSOC.

3. DW says:

WC isn’t it nice to know CGD loved ya?

4. Griffin says:

Only thing I know is my Golden Retriever only shits under the clothesline!

5. Bright Eyes says:

Thas why they call em Pointers mon.

6. Lofty says:

I am going to have to start watching how my dog shits now….as if I don’t have enough to worry about, what with Greta’s issues and me being to blame for her non future..being pale, male, and stale, a climate skeptic, firearms owning, hunter of animals and fish for food, non synthetic meat eater……OMG life has just become that bit harder to live..now where is my compass for shit orientation studies….;-)

7. grayman says:

I have had so many different breeds from big to small, some did some did not. I noticed it awhile back to, thought it weird but MEH who cares!

8. TechieDude says:

My dogs line up with either someones front walk, or their car door if parked on the street with zero regard to the compass heading.

9. Butch says:

Our female will be running and all of a sudden get the urge. She will sometimes puts the brakes on so hard I except her to go rolling over head first. And it matter not where she dumps a load.

The male will usually try to find a spot that isn’t travelled. We have several acres, so there are ok places to shit and our usual trails. Once he begins he will walk around all humped up dropping bits O shit until he is voided.

10. nurseJT says:

Many moons ago a neighbor of mine had a black lab named Mister Fish. That dog would back up to a nicely trimmed evergreen shrub outside my front door so he could shit on the flat top. I thought it was funny as Hell, my girlfriend became enraged every time. Ah well….
    Now with 10 acres and a pack of large dogs, as long as I walk them away from the house to tend to their business …. who cares?

11. Annie says:

Now I have to go back and look at all those dog agility videos that show the dog stopping in the middle of the course to poop. Maybe Butch’s dog is in there!

12. Sanders says:

I live in a place with a lot of wind. My dog will line up with her nose in the wind, which prevails from W to E.

13. Louis Jenkins says:

My dog lines up east to west, nose pointed to the east.

14. ABE says:

I heard this years ago, but it only mentioned shitting. I started watching my dog and sure enough, he’d point north at least 75% of the time.

Play nice.