Today marks 4 years since the death of Lavoy Finnicun

When one talks about the Bundy Family, the first thing that springs to mind is the standoff in Nevada in 2014. However, perhaps even more important is the standoff and occupation at Oregon’s Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in 2016. Indeed, the two events are often conflated because Ammon Bundy is the son of Cliven Bundy, the man who stood up to the federal government over “grazing fees” on Bureau of Land Management land.

The occupation was a highlight for both the militia and the sovereign citizen movement as well as proponents of states’ rights. The main argument from those occupying the land is that the federal government is mandated by law to turn over the land that they manage to the individual states in which the land sits. This, they argued, was particularly true of the Bureau of Land Management, United States Forestry Service, and United States Fish and Wildlife Service land.

This entry was posted in Fuck the feds, Patriots. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Today marks 4 years since the death of Lavoy Finnicun

1. Sarthurk says:

I firmly believe that Gov. Kate Brown ordered the assassination of LaVoy, and the Bundy family. I was between jobs when this whole thing occurred, and I scoured the internet for anything I could find about the situation. I even considered going there to see for myself. Probably glad I didn’t considering the outcome. I would have gone there armed to the teeth, and what with all the infiltrators being outed after the fact, I might have ended up in a bad situation.

2. warhorse says:

and the man who got him killed was “blaine cooper” aka stanley blaine hicks. who was also the head of security at bunkerville.

oh sure he didn’t pull the trigger….but he may as well have.

• Annon. says:

Correct, he and a few others were outed by the stolen valor community for being outright frauds concerning military service. A FOIA was done on Cooper and it was discovered that he had enlisted into the Marines on a delayed entry program. He never reported for duty.

3. G.W. Long says:

3 years? Oops, Check the dates, 1/26/2016.

4. pigpen51 says:

If the times happening now end up being a civil war, I can say that the opening shot was the one fired that killed Lavoy Finnicun.
    I won’t even get into whether they group was right or wrong. He still did not deserve to die, over what was a disagreement on federal power over land. That was the kind of thing that needed to be discussed over a table, where cooler heads could prevail, and the media could document the discussions. Not on a road when the man was going to see the sheriff,being literally executed, to avoid having it brought out in public.
    And like always, the government walks away with clean hands.

• Elmo says:

On a road to see a sympathetic county sheriff. And the hit happened just a few miles south of the county line of that sheriff’s jurisdiction. Then the FBI kept Sheriff Glenn Palmer from coming into Malheur County after the deed was done and LaVoy’s body was laying in the snow.

I get burned up to hear the Democrats defend the FBI these days, and gag when I hear the FBI’s Hostage Rescue Teams being referred to as ‘elite’. They’re nothing but Deep State goons.

BTW, Glenn Palmer is still sheriff of Grant County, even after what Kate Brown’s toadies attempted to do to him.

5. enn ess says:

The whole Lavoy Finicum/Malheur Wildlife Refuge fiasco was nothing more than an extenuation of the Waco/Ruby Ridge set ups. All could have been settled peaceably. But noooooo this corrupt criminal gummint just has to have control of the people and all they aspire to. Lavoy Finicum was set up same as the Weavers @ Ruby ridge and the outcome was planned as well. Our present gummint has gone so far down the trampling of liberties avenue I see them anymore as nothing but illegitimate. It’s time for another “we the people hold these truths to be self evident” moment”. It’s our own fault, when we could have staved it off and altered it’s course at the ballot booth . But nooooo, we were to involved in our own pathetic little live to pay any attention to what our elected official were up to and planning, HINT: whatever a politician says, he is intent on violating your rights by giving to those not deserving and stealing what you have for their benefit. Politicians are like diapers, they need changing regularly and for the same reason……

6. Paul B says:

The opening shot killed Randy Weaver wife. This rot goes back a long time. As Kim is fond of saying, rope, lamppost, politician, some assembly required. We did not need the feds until congress outlawed Alcohol.

7. nines says:

Lavoy was a wonderful man, a good man, the kind of man I could only ever have dreamed to marry, a brave man, a real man, an AMERICAN man. He was the kind of man the Nosbaracktu administration wanted dead SO badly they could barely wait for even a non-excuse to kill him.

I hope there is a heaven and Lavoy Finicum runs it.