A sad note from Ol’ Remus

There’s no gentle way to say this, so I’ll not try. My wife is at the end stage of a terminal condition. As is always the case there’s some uncertainty. Weeks are possible, days are probable. Woodpile Report will go dark for a while when it happens.
FROM HERE
WiscoDave

This entry was posted in WiscoDave. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to A sad note from Ol’ Remus

1. Hadenoughalready says:

May the Almighty Bless and Keep you both.

2. skipperdaddy says:

Very sad to hear and wish Ol Remus and his wife the best. I have gained alot of insight from reading his page over the years. Gonna miss it but I sure can understand.

3. Dano says:

I read this earlier this morning. Don’t know him, but have looked forward to TWR which I get through WRSA. Sure enjoy his way with words and outlook on this world we live in. May he and his wife be looked after by the Lord.

4. Mr. Anth Ropy says:

I lost my wife, Leah, last year.
    – Worst day of my life.
    Triple negative breast cancer.
    We had been together 45 great years.
    My only advice is to not stay lonely too long.
    I see guys that didn’t find a new gal years after their loss and they are are kind of miserable.
    I say my wife showed me how good life is with a great woman so I looked for a new one not to disrespect Leah’s memories but almost as a tribute to how great my life with her was.

5. Nemo says:

Prayers Remus. May the passing be easy.

6. Been nine years, I miss my wife’s voice so much. Remus doesn’t have a comments section, so I’ll shoot him a email.

7. Kapt Kaos says:

God bless them and protect them both.

8. Tactless Wookie says:

This is terrible news. May the hand of God reach out and comfort you both in this dark time.

9. Will says:

I might be wrong on this and I hope I am, but thought I remembered something he wrote in an earlier Woodpile about his first wife passing away as well. Damn. Very tough times.

10. bogsidebunny says:

Sorry to hear that awful Remus.

11. WDS says:

Even when you think you’re prepared for it, you never are really. Sorry to hear that news this morning.

12. Jersey Mike says:

Lost my dad this summer. That shit sucks, I’m sorry for you.
    Keep the faith, we are here if you need us.
    Jersey

13. anonymous says:

I sent prayers via his email – damn tough situation to be in. I hope her suffering is minimal too.

His blog is one of the most interesting, though provoking I have read. Always brightens my day after reading it.

14. Richard in Colorado says:

TWR has been a blessing to my life, just as Kenny’s work is. I love the art introductions since I know little of classical painting. As well as the news and personal commentary, the history of advertising is always insightful, and the old photographs give a perspective of life that was not so really long ago when all the children were barefoot at school. Good men doing good work make life better, and the women who support those men are beyond value. God bless Ol Remus and his wife on her journey.

15. Mad Jack says:

I’m so very sorry this is happening to you and yours. Lord bless you and give you spiritual strength and peace.

16. unclezip says:

We’re here for you, old buddy. May the Lord make the transition peaceful.

17. WestcoastDeplorable says:

Sorry to hear the news ‘Ol Remus. May her passing be gentle. And remember she’ll not really be gone, just around the corner on the other side. You’ll be together again.

18. Jeffery in Alabama says:

I am so sorry to learn of this. May the Lord bless and keep you both along with any extended friends and family involved.

19. Ohio Guy says:

‘Ol Remus is like the neighbor most of us wish we had. If I could, I’d send some home made food for the fella. In the mean time, I’ll just try to share the sorrow that I know he must be feeling. I’m soo sorry Remus. Ohio Guy.

20. waitingForTheStorm says:

This is sad news. I don’t know how to contact him, but I read his stuff regularly. If you can get him a note, tell him he is in our thoughts and prayers. I cannot imagine going thru life without my dear and, practically, indispensable wife.

Play nice.