Finally, an excuse to shoot that asshole dog Jack

HONG KONG (NEXSTAR) — The Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department in Hong Kong on Friday said a dog tested “weak positive” for coronavirus (COVID-19). According to Time.com and other sources, if confirmed, this is the first known case of a pet catching the virus amid a worldwide outbreak.

The department said, “The dog does not have any relevant symptoms.”

*****

This entry was posted in Forgot to categorize. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Finally, an excuse to shoot that asshole dog Jack

1. tm says:

Corona Virus

It is a virus that usually affects dogs’ gastrointestinal systems, though it can also cause respiratory infections. Signs include most GI symptoms, including loss of appetite, vomiting, and diarrhea. Doctors can keep a dog hydrated, warm, and comfortable, and help alleviate nausea, but no drug kills coronaviruses.

• Rayvet says:

This Covid virus is quite a bit different than the dog Corona. Which is sad, because if they were more similar, most of the technology is already in place to make a human vaccine with the dog model approach (like the flu vaccine that “varies” every year. But there’s some distinctions in this human Corona virus that is making it a little more technically difficult to make the vaccine.

2. arc says:

Chinas excuse to kill everyones pets because the CCP thinks pet ownership is a waste of resources. Russia and China seem to detest people owning pets and often use them as leverage.

3. Bright Eyes says:

In regard to your saying Asshole Jack is a pretty good dog. Don’t worry we won’t tell him ya said that. Your secret is safe.

4. Handsome Smelly Deplorable says:

After finding that the C Virus persists in human feces, I’m thinkin a shit eatin dog.
    On the up side, these shithole (pun intended) dem controlled cities that have a homeless problem may have found the answer to their prayers.

• Nemo says:

Knowing that Kung Flu is found in human waste gives a whole new meaning to community transmission.

When these cities send their 75K/yr +bene’s people out to clean the streets of human waste, they stir up virus laden shit particles into the air. Now think about prevailing winds.

Just imagine the fun India is going to have with Kung Flu given that they have FIELDS of human waste baking in the sun.

5. Padawan says:

“Actually, he’s turned out to be a pretty good dog. I think I’ll keep him around.”

Kinda funny how that tuned out, huh?

It took a lot of work on my part, trust me. It wasn’t easy turning a biting dog into a pet, it took me a solid year and a half, but I did it.
      I’ll write something up about it in the next few days.

• Mad Jack says:

I’m glad you did. Some neighbors of mine adopted a feral dog, and she turned out to be a real nice dog. I thought so, anyway, because none of us ever had a problem with her. I gather there was one veterinary assistant she didn’t like, and would nip if the lady turned around.

6. 15Fixer says:

Kenny, you have NO say in the matter. If Jack wants to stay, he’ll stay no matter what you want. He doesn’t want to stay? He’ll find some other sucker…… er….. kind-hearted Human thing, to take him in. Kind of like some wives……….

7. susan says:

…he still bitin’ you in the butt?

8. B.C. says:

Goin’ soft on That Asshole, Jack? What’s next, a toy poodle to drive around town with you in your truck?

Nah, I’ve got Legal Lucy for that.

• Elmo says:

I’ve wondered about that. Wondered if she goes for rides to town with you and sticks her head out the window while riding on your lap.

She rides with me, but not in my lap, and I only take her in the summer if I’m not going to be out of the truck for more than 5 minutes. And no, I don’t let her stick her head out of the window – she tries to jump out if she sees another dog.

• Elmo says:

Is she the boss over Jack as to who sits where?

I don’t take Jack. If he were to see a UPS truck when we’re out and about, he’d cause me to wreck my truck going berserk trying to get at it. Besides, he’s already destroyed one seat belt.

• Elmo says:

I remember how you said he lost it when you first got him when he saw a box truck when you were in town. It sounds like you’ve since determined that he has a particular hatred for UPS rigs, meaning that’s probably how he was injured before you got him. I didn’t realize that.
                It’s amazing how dogs never forget.

• crazyeighter says:

Does she blow the horn when she thinks you’ve been out of the truck too long?

I have a cousin that couldn’t go in to a Stop-n-Rob and shoot the shit for five minutes without his Shih Tzu getting in the driver’s seat and leaning on the horn button.

“Just like my damn ex-wife” was his usual explanation.

I had a little Ford Ranger when I first got Charlie and before I rigged up a cable bolted to the bed for him, he’d ride in the cab with his ass in the passenger seat and his head in my lap. One day he accidentally hit the horn with his paw and for the rest of his ride, he kept honking. What was bad was with him laying down, nobody could see him so they all thought I was the one doing the honking. I rigged up that restraint in the back that very same day.

• B.C. says:

You know i was just yankin’ yer chain, Kenny.

I’m a sucker for just about any critter that isn’t trying to eat me, and even for a few of them that are. (I’m one of the lucky few who has had the pleasure of seeing a live FL panther in the wild.) All of my animals have been “founders*” my entire adult life.

Give Jack a pat n the head for me. ;-)

*- Found ‘er wandering down the side of the road, emaciated and filthy.

9. grayman says:

WC he decided you were to good to him to give up and run off!!

10. Lofty says:

An excuse to shot ya dog huh…..heh heh whatever Ken, never bullshit a bullshitter mate.

Play nice.