Here you go again, California

A massive fire that burned overnight at a Carson refinery did not cause any injuries and was under control Wednesday morning. Officials said it was too early though to speculate on how the blaze might impact gas prices.
Thanks to Elmo for the tip

*****

My ass they’re unclear if it will affect gas prices in California. All they needed in the past was a rumor of something happening and the prices get jacked up.

This entry was posted in California. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Here you go again, California

1. WestcoastDeplorable says:

It’s the same old game. Refinery fire creates a “shortage”. Prices go up 50 cents to a dollar a gallon. We the people bitch about it. Governor appoints a “blue ribbon committee” to investigate. Prices eventually go down a little in another 5 or 6 months. And mysteriously we never hear a report from that “committee”. Lather, rinse, repeat. It’s the same ol scam.

• Elmo says:

And the funny thing is that the ‘Blue Ribbon Committee’ never comes to the conclusion that the main reason for California’s high gas prices are the excise and sales taxes and the Cap and Trade fee on every gallon of fuel sold.

Then there’s the inconvenient fact that the state makes twice as much from a gallon of gas than the people who explore for, drill for, refine, deliver and retail the product do in profit, combined.

• Tree Mike says:

Another reason for high priced gas in Ca. is proprietary CARB ( California Air Resource Board) formula fuel, can’t use Arizona gas, it’s evil (and cheaper). The board is not made up of scientists or fuel specialists or air specialists, no it’s made up of appointed political lackeys. Paradise/Golden State lost. I grew up in San Diego Co. in the 50’s and 60’s, it was paradise. I could hitch hike from El Cajon High ( I lived across the street) out to the hills with an M-1 carbine and not wait long for a ride, or get a second look from the Peace Officers (not LEOs) of the day. That’s why I call Tennessee home now.

• larryw says:

And Mike, let’s not forget the different Winter and Summer blends to further add to the expense. What a CF. That’s one of the many reasons we call Idaho home now.

• crazyeighter says:

Don’t they always seem to have a refinery fire every changeover season?

2. CplMajor Mike says:

The refinery fires are as regular as the brush and forest fires, you can set your clock by them.

3. Kurt says:

Not my circus, not my monkeys. Fuck Kalafornya and the progs that are ruining a once great place.

4. chutes magoo says:

I keep my tank full and have many jerrycans on standby when shit like this happens.

5. Dan says:

EVERY FUCKING TIME gas prices start to drop some assclown torches a refinery to drive prices back up…..EVERY TIME.

6. Bkhuna says:

Let’s hope Phillips decides to close down the refinery. Just say it’s for the good of the environment. That will set the soft-heads a spinnin’.

For the record, I was fortunate to live in CA before it went into the proggie toilet. It WAS a magical place and many parts still are.

7. Sanders says:

A couple weeks ago, gasoline prices in Albuquerque went up 30 cents/gal. overnight. Guess they didn’t like me paying $1.83/gal. Couldn’t find an explanation for the sudden increase, anywhere. I’m thinking it was a tax nobody said anything about.

Play nice.