If you wanna play, you gotta pay

An attorney for A.C. Smith has filed a motion requesting a reconsideration of his client’s 14-year sentence citing the “unconstitutional conditions” in Alabama’s prisons which he said would be a violation of the former officer’s rights.

Richardson noted that Smith’s status as a former police officer puts him at an enhanced risk in prison. He then requested the sentence be amended to a split with Smith serving less than three years imprisoned and the remainder on probation. Any term of imprisonment less than three years would qualify Smith to serve it in a county jail instead of a state prison.
FROM HERE

This entry was posted in You can't make this shit up. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to If you wanna play, you gotta pay

1. WoodBurner says:

“This defendant should be treated no differently than the thousands of other violent convicted offenders serving time in prison while their appeals are pending.”

“Should” is not convincing me.

2. crazyeighter says:

“Richardson, in a motion for an appeal bond, points out that Smith had no prior criminal history before the manslaughter conviction, nor has he been a flight risk.”

Neither did fuckin’ OJ.

Cry me a river badge monkey.

3. Hiker Mike says:

I’m a former New York State Corrections Officer. I worked at a couple of prisons one being the infamous Sing Sing. Was on duty during the Jan.1983 riot when close to 20 of my fellow officers were taken hostage and held for 56 hrs before being released. It was a helluva couple a days I can tell you that.

I also worked at another prison for a few years a little farther upstate after being transferred out of Sing Sing a couple of weeks after the above mentioned riot.

The upstate prison was a reception and classification center. It was at this prison I mostly worked the SHUs meaning the ‘Box’ and ‘PC’ units (protective custody). I can tell you from experience that any police officer that entered the system at that time especially any officer coming from NYC was initially put in protective custody for obvious reasons that being for their safety and the overall control of the prison itself.

Doesn’t mean they spent their whole prison sentence in PC just placed there until a full security assessment was completed but they did have the ability to request placement in PC if they felt the need to be there.

I’m a little surprised that he can’t or doesn’t have the option to request PC for his own personal safety.

I’m not sticking up for or advocating for this convicted officer just relating what I know from my previous work experience.

4. Fairplayjeepguy says:

Oddly, he never seemed to care that the people HE sent to prison were in unconstitutional conditions. I hope he gets raped till he offs himself.

5. Nemo says:

Size of former officer Smith’s asshole before prison (.), one week after meeting his cell mate Tyrone (O). They gonna have FUN with him.

6. t says:

No sympathy. None whatsoever.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

7. FrankP says:

My first question was ‘who did he murder’? Spouse, friend, neighbor? The story answered the question:

“Smith faced murder charges in the shooting death of Gregory Gunn, who Smith chased, tased and beat in a west Montgomery neighborhood in the early hours of Feb. 25, 2016, before he was fatally shot.”

Smith broke his oath “to protect and serve” as well as the trust that came with the power We The People granted him.

Put him in prison. He’s more than earned what he’s going to get. Same goes for any public official who blatantly breaks their oath or the law. (Yes, I’m looking at Schiff, Nadler, Pelosi and a host of others.)