THREE times – in one day

CHEATHAM COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) – Just when the opioid epidemic seems to be as bad as it can be, you hear another story that makes you shake your head.

That would seem to be the case in Montgomery County and Cheatham County Tuesday after a man overdosed three times in the same day.
-Rurik

*****

I feel for the parents, I really do, but unless this guy has a major ‘Come to Jesus’ moment real soon, he’s going to die.
The sad thing is the parents may have raised him well and did everything right, just like my parents did with me, but after his death they’ll torture themselves for the rest of their lives wondering if they should’ve done something different.

This entry was posted in Drugs, Tennessee. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to THREE times – in one day

1. Large Marge says:

Eugene Oregon is known (by me…) as ‘goofball central’.

A goofball stopped at a traffic light to shoot-up, nodded off, and concerned citizens called 911 after the vehicle remained stationary through several signal changes.

This cannot continue.

2. Plankton67 says:

Wow. This is epically sad. I wonder why they don’t do an involuntary commitment for 72 hrs in a psych ward, and the answer probably is funding, lack of beds, or no insurance. Those poor parents.

• Heathen says:

Psych ward ? He’s not crazy, he’s a fuckin’ junkie,that wants to die.

Let Him.

Does that sound harsh, uncaring ? Too bad. I can, off the top of my head, think of 6 different families that have dealt with junkies in their family and the problems they cause. Given time I could recall more.

Thieving bastards stole from me once, I’m all out of fucks to give over any of them.

• joe says:

Yeah, that’s harsh but I agree with you, I’ve had addicts and junkies in my past too. You just get to a point where you literally can’t care about them anymore. Too painful. Too expensive. Sad as hell.

• Eric says:

As a former addict (I never stole), I agree with you. Sometimes you just gotta let a motherfucker die.

3. Daryl says:

Did I read that right? He overdosed in the car while his parents were taking him home from the hospital?

4. REEP JR says:

Guess who’s paying for all that Narcan ?

• KC says:

Maybe it’s time. My friend is a nurse and uses Narcan multiple times a day!
      Google, Ohio councilman introduces bill to limit Narcan for excessive burdens of expensive monies for the tax payer!

5. Tsquared says:

Narcan equals free. My diabetic medication 900 freaking dollars a month.

• Cederq says:

You and me both Tsquared. A fucking criminal enterprise the medico/insurance/ pharmaceutical cabal. You and me and 2 million plus are fucked!

• Lord of the Fleas says:

You wanna get your blood pressure up? Go to https://market-ticker.org/ and go back over some of Karl’s posts on the medical monopoly.

And I agree with him (even though I live up here is Commie-Care Canada with its totally-different system). This one issue will bankrupt you guys. (And that means we get screwed as well.)

6. Bear says:

Yeah, he’s gonna die. Three times in the circumstances described… He’s deliberately trying to commit suicide. Those aren’t accidental ODs.

7. Scott Doe says:

Third time’s a charm~~ i can’t believe i was the first to say that

8. tallow pot says:

Is that an effect of fentanyl? I’ve heard it’s so strong, it takes multiple doses of narcan to save someone from it.

9. wayne says:

I hate that it’s called an epidemic – it’s not. I doubt seriously anyone ‘catches’ an opioid addiction by no fault of their own. Anything that a person does of their own volition, knowing the possible consequences, will never have my sympathy. That person’s family and friends do, however. As far as Narcan goes, its nothing but a chance for the addict to overdose again at our expense. That drug is free but insulin is not? What’s wrong with our society that we value the worthless dregs the most? And yes, I have had a family member addicted to that crap but thankfully was strong enough to recover. We need to hold Hollywood, et al, responsible for glamourizing that lifestyle that will lure the young and impressionable – yes – we need censoring again just like in the 50s and 60s. rant over.

10. the other other Andrew says:

Scary thing is, Narcan has made it safe to push to the edge, and slightly over or all the way over.

Many OD’ers say they enjoy that feeling of ‘gone-ness.’

I’m a nice person. Free batch of Narcan, once (as it often takes more than 2-3 applications to save the patient.) Past that one time? Junkie ain’t chasing a high, Junkie is trying to commit suicide. Let the Junkie go.

11. chutes magoo says:

Whiskey is, at this stage in the game, fentanyl free…..do whiskey instead. It may save your life!

12. Rowland says:

So, Narcan is an opioid replacement (receptor speaking) what’s probably going on with this kid is that the residual Narcan still in his system is preventing him from getting “high” on a normal kick and so he does a little more and ODs….again and again.

Why he OD’ed the first time of the day, who knows. I feel for the parents. Everyone wants their kids to make good choices.

• NOG says:

Wifey was a ER and PACU RN for 35 years. She said he might have taken a long acting drug like MS Contin. It last a long time (like 12 hours), much longer than the Narcan. Said he did not “feel” high so they take more and more. Or he was taking something each time they just did not see. She said Fentanyl is about 75 times stronger than morphine, but it does not last long as long. When it breaks down the “sleepy” part can build up and make you not breathe. So he did not feel high so he just took more. Not much to do for this kid she said. I had junkies in jail for a year that did not get even a typenol, but the day they got out we would arrest them again for possession while they were high as a kite.

13. snuffy says:

EMTs need to carry a battery powered tattoo gun. Every time they use Narcan on some asshole, mark an X, 3 of them, you’re done. Few years ago, there was a photo of 2 assholes passed out, on the nod, in a car, with 2 kids in car seats in the back seat. They should have given them another dose of whatever they were on and finished the job, because..fuck them.

14. Joe says:

One Narcan to a life. Second overdose? AMF.

15. Jeffery in Alabama says:

I’ve heard several times from friends in law enforcement and the medical trade that these addicts will fight someone attempting to give them Narcan. I seems that no matter how messed up the person is, they know they are about to lose their buzz. Abuse of prescription drugs is rampant here in north Alabama too. Recent laws enacted in attempt to curb the pill problem has led to a boom in heroin sales which has lead to more crime, overdoses, etc.

Play nice.