And now you know…..

As the coronavirus pandemic has households stocking up on toilet paper and emptying shelves across the country, a new website is attempting to answer the question: How much TP do we really need?

Howmuchtoiletpaper.com is a website created by student software developer Ben Sassoon and artist Sam Harris, both based in London, in response to the coronavirus pandemic. The tool calculates just how long your stash of TP will last you during a quarantine.

This entry was posted in Tips and tricks. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to And now you know…..

1. Nemo says:

I’m at ~3 months. I don’t really have a “stash”, per se. I usually kept 2 rolls in reserve. I “stocked up” with a four pack a couple weeks ago when they stopped individual roll sales at the grocery store I shop at. After not seeing ANY TP at the store for the last three trips there, I’m wondering if I’m ever going to see TP on he shelf again. ;-((

2. J-West says:

I live in an earthquake zone so we are advised to stock up and have a couple weeks or better yet, a couple of months worth of essentials. So I do.

I have about 120 rolls of toilet paper stashed … if others run out during this pandemic I will sell them a roll or two for $25 a roll …. now don’t accuse me of gouging because that is my regular price, no increases … and no sales tax.

3. bogsidebunny says:

I heard an expert say the toilet paper panic will subside soon, because as food supplies run low people will shit less. Makes sense to me.

4. Cj says:

Yeah, which number do you put in? I have a pack, but it says 8 = 48. A partial pack of 12 but it says 12 = 48? The freaking numbers and variety of packaging from even the same brand is just idiotic.

5. Daryl says:

I got a couple rolls stashed behind the seat of my truck for road emergency.

6. STW says:

My wife has had a stash for several years. The tool just verified that it’ll last as long as she said. That doesn’t count the roll we always keep in each car.

7. Roy says:

The calculator doesn’t have a variable for number of female vs male family members. It makes a big difference. If it was just me, a twelve-pack would last pertnear a year.

8. enn ess says:

Sure it ain’t near as convenient but it never occurs to people that they can simply wash the old sphincter pocket. It’s not rocket science. But then,having observed our “modern society” and it’s average inhabitants at their finest hour and brilliance, maybe it is rocket science….

9. )@luis says:

T.P, like ammo, never enough.