Got ammo?

HARVEY, La., March 6, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) hits the US, it’s not just hand sanitizer and flu medications that are flying off the shelves. While Walmart and Target are running out of emergency essentials and “currently unavailable” is popping up on various Amazon searches, the rush to be prepared has also reached the ammunition industry.

This entry was posted in Guns, You can't make this shit up. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Got ammo?

1. robert says:

Ammo is the # 2 “B” of the 4 “B” prepper system: Beans, bullets, band aids and bourbon.

• Steve the engineer says:

BOURBON !!! I KNEW I forgot something . . . ..

• Ragnar says:

Nope. Vodka. Mixes with so many things. Straight if it’s really cold.

Okay. Here’s some IDGS but when I was in the USN the ship I was on went to Vladivostok.

We (okay you guessed it – I was an officer) went over to visit their Udaloy DD for lunch.

Lots of black bread, pickles, fish and…..wait for it…..vodka.

My assistant department head is a black man and by the time lunch was over he was as red as me.

Your Navy making friends.

Way better than the shit storm in the Persian Gulf.

2. Laqueesha Covfefe says:

The ‘ammunition industry’? That’s all I needed to read to know this puff piece is not worth the read.

3. Sanders says:

3/08 day is coming up in just a couple days….

4. Zack says:

Not me. Guns are the devil and ammo is the food of the devil. No guns or ammo in this house. Nope. Nada. No emergency supplies of food, water or dry goods … Good thoughts and purity will see me through …

5. bogsidebunny says:

I got plenty o hand sanitizer, food, booze and ammo. I just hope condoms aren’t on the prepper’s must have list.

• nonncom says:

Bad news…..now they’re saying we have to wash our hands after using the hand sanitizer….seems they don’t like the idea of walking around with drunk or dead virus on the hands…./s…

6. Starker says:

Gotta get the essentials!
    Every storm there’s a rush on eggs, bread, milk, toilet paper, & now ammo.

Used to figured they planned on making french toast but were lactose intolerant.

Now I guess they want to guard their french toast & tp.

7. Jason says:

I had this similar conversation last week at the Costco in Tigard. We were discussing how all of these people were using the bleach wipes provided to wipe off their cart handles but walking around touching all of the same products that everyone else was touching. So I said to her: Not to sound like the crazy guy but if it really gets so bad that these people need to use this food they are stocking up on, how are they going to keep this food from others? The look on her face as she realized this priceless and right away she says a bit louder than our conversation: We need weapons.

Seriously though, our moron diversity check of a governor wouldn’t have gone on TV and told everyone to go out and buy water caused quite a bit of a freak out for supplies. Now people are walking out of stores with cases and cases of water, something that will probably not be affected at all by this virus.

• Nemo says:

Cases and Cases of water because … the the town water supply stopped working? As P.T. Barnum once said “There’s sucker born every minute.”

8. Critter says:

I’m good on ammo. :)

9. gamachinist says:

I wonder if someone went looking for a story to link to corona virus and misinterpreted the sales numbers.
    Could it have more to do with income tax refunds coming in?
    Or political news (Primary results etc.)?

Everyone in the media wants to hitch onto the corona virus wagon, lest they miss out.

10. Sedition says:

Election year…it seems to cause a rush buy every time.

• Heathen says:

Yep, I get multiple emails from different ammo sellers every day. Been known to take them up on their offers. Two LGS had plenty of it on hand just this past Wednesday.

11. Tsgt Joe says:

Customer service rep at LAX Ammo told me yesterday they were getting slammed. He hoped they would be able to get to mondays orders by friday

12. UH1H CE says:

If anybody didn’t learn the value of bulk quantities of ammo after 8 years of BroBama then there’s no teaching them. Ammo is the most shelf-stable item in a prepper’s cache and should be hoarded in vast quantities. I have ammo in calibers I don’t even have a gun for because it would always be great barter: I can buy things with spare ammo or I can buy somebody’s useless gun from them for a couple MREs. Of course I’d never sell a gun and ammo to somebody at the same time lest they use their new tools to demand a refund!

13. Alemaster says:

1. Jack Daniels is NOT bourbon. and….2. The only time I’ve had too much ammunition was on takeoff. Y’all may take those two to the bank. regards, Alemaster

• A Ninny Mouse because fewsion centers says:

I think the only time you can have too much ammo is if you’re on fire or drowning.

• Inbred Redneck says:

Yeah, crossin’ a canal and missed the rope with the hand that wasn’t holdin’ my weapon. Found out I did NOT float well while loaded out with two belts of 7.62 for the MG, a Claymore, beaucoup magazines for my 16, lots of grenades, some C4, C-rats and I can’t remember what else.
        Fortunately, the guy in front of me tossed his weapon up onto the bank and grabbed the harness of my pack and pulled me out.
        That might’ve been a case of too much ammo.

14. FrankP says:

When it looks like a SHTF event is imminent is not the time to start buying!

15. chutes magoo says:

Fear is the best way to boost an floundering world economy! Y2K was my first rodayo! Vigilance not panic.

16. waitingForTheStorm says:

Well, any excuse will do.

17. Sanders says:

Well, I picked up another five boxes of 350 Legend at Cabela’s, yesterday. Not because of the Kung Flu, though. It was because they finally had some on the shelf! The thing about playing with a new caliber is that so are several other folks and there isn’t a whole lot to go around.

But, happy 3/08 day!