REAL ID deadline extended due to coronavirus outbreak

WASHINGTON (AP) – President Donald Trump says the federal government is postponing the deadline for obtaining REAL ID-compliant identification cards because of the coronavirus.

Travelers would have been required to present REAL ID cards to board U.S. flights starting on Oct. 1. The president says a new deadline will be announced soon.

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to REAL ID deadline extended due to coronavirus outbreak

1. LGC says:

like anyone is going to fly anymore

2. bogsidebunny says:

Ain’t going to any flights anyway so it’s no big deal.

3. Padawan says:

Kind of contradicts his opening the country by Easter remark, doesn’t it?

4. WestcoastDeplorable says:

This was never a good idea; reminds me of Nazi Germany “paper’s please” when traveling inside the country. I hope they postpone it indefinitely.

5. Nemo says:

After years of not having my photo in my state’s DMV records, I finally had to capitulate recently due to license renewal being due. So, I went whole hog and had the Veteran logo added also.

I actually considered not renewing, but figured the fines and aggravation of having to take the driving test again, if caught, wasn’t quite worth it. Not to mention that admittance to federal buildings is proscribed without Real ID.

How ironic is it that the Real ID Identifier logo on the license is a gold star? Good little sheepies.

6. enn ess says:

Real I D is simply another step in their bid to engage in “Papers Please” being the norm while going about your everyday business, or even walking the dog…. Fight this Bullshit every way you can. Best way is to simply refuse to get one or use one. WTF, a passport issued by the fucking state department isn’t good enough anymore….. Bullshit…..

7. Moscow Hippy says:

Other than my mailing address, and aging fugly mug, none of my information has changed in the 35+ years I have had a license. I find it insulting that I have to give the state the same papers again.

8. GenX Crit says:

Patriot Act

Bush

Real ID

F it

No wonder my next door neighbour called our current president Bush – not sure which Bush though… not sure he cares…

Play nice.