San Jose Mayor Orders Gun Shop Closed as ‘Non-essential’

During a national emergency with unprecedented demand for guns nationwide, San Jose’s Mayor — someone who wanted to require gun owners to buy liability insurance — has decided that no one really needs to buy a firearm.
WiscoDave

This entry was posted in California, Gun Control, WiscoDave. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to San Jose Mayor Orders Gun Shop Closed as ‘Non-essential’

1. Elmo says:

It figures. Sam Liccardo is the same lickspittle who gave his police department the stand down order so that attendees of a Trump rally could get chased through the streets of San Jose and get thumped by ‘peaceful protestors’. He didn’t want his cops to “escalate’ the situation.

2. Hadenoughalready says:

“Non-essential”? By who’s standard?
    I’d consider “guns” MOST essential at any emergency situation.
    And who is HE to declare otherwise when the governor hasn’t yet declared Martial Law; nor has the president? And who is HE to decide who can protect themselves?
    Screw him~!

3. pigpen51 says:

Anyone who has half a brain would have to think that after all of the noise of this health scare/pandemic/coronavirus crisis has settled down, and is then not the major news of the day, the leftist liberals who thought that it was a good idea to buy a gun during the time of possible danger, will still wish to buy a gun, and get some training to be sure they are safe.
    Oops, what am I thinking. The first statement, half a brain is giving too much credit to the liberals who want to take the guns from honest, law abiding owners, who would never use them to cause harm. The criminals who use guns in the commission of a crime don’t follow the law to get their guns, so the laws don’t really mean much to them.
    I am sorry, but I tend to become angry when faced with hypocrites.

4. Gator says:

This is a pretty egregious move. I’d ask him to detail what makes a business essential/nonessential. But, as much as I don’t like this, I’d love to be a fly on the wall when the liberals who recently purchased a gun but haven’t completed their mandatory 10 day waiting period that they wanted, and want to force on the rest of the country, and the store will be closed once those 10 days are up. Sorry, but that shit warms my cold, black little heart. You killed the second amendment in your state, now you get to lie with the corpse.

I doubt many of those folks would be able to buy a gun in the State of California even if the stores didn’t close. You have to take and pass a test to get a Mother-May-I card to buy a firearm there and I’m pretty sure anybody that’s not familiar with firearms won’t pass it.
      Not only that, but that’s not just for handguns but long guns as well. Oh, and did I mention there’s a fee for each of the tests?

• Inbred Redneck says:

What? You mean there’re actually folks out there who care about those silly “rules” some fools have made?

5. rob says:

Not to worry, San Francisco Mayor London “I’m unlikely to” Breed has declared the marijuana dispensaries to be “Essential Services>”

6. Elmo says:

Meanwhile, Governor Pompadour has put the entire state on lockdown while marijuana dispensaries are to remain open for business (they’re an essential medical necessity, don’t you know).

Owning a gun isn’t essential (it’s an enumerated Constitutional right) and marijuana is (it’s not).
    2020 California in a nut shell.

7. Refugee from PNW says:

At least weed makes people mellow. I oppose this restriction on human right to self defense. However Lefties always project. The people who support gun restriction are exactly the sorts of people who would try to live out violent fantasies through a gun.

8. Hadenoughalready says:

And when they get the munchies, they can graze on wafer-tin, tortilla style, roll-up sandwiches made with all that toilet paper they’ve stocked up on.
    Hey, it’s great for those needing fiber, right?