Whoa whoa whoa….. WHAT???

The mayor of Champaign, Illinois has declared a town emergency over the Wuhan coronavirus that includes a potential ban on the sale of firearms and ammunition.

According to a local report from WAND 17, Champaign Mayor Deborah Frank Feinen has issued an executive order that would give her office “extraordinary powers.” She has issued the order despite the town and surrounding area not having a single case of the disease.
-WiscoDave

*****

You have got to go to the link and read the whole damned article.

This entry was posted in Gun Control, WiscoDave, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Whoa whoa whoa….. WHAT???

1. Gordon says:

This power grubbing bitch needs to be stopped. Hopefully somebody will get her in court quickly to put the brakes on this. The residents should literally be up in arms.

• joe says:

The residence are all University of Illinois students, professors and other liberal fuckwads that don’t have a clue.

2. Tom MacGyver says:

She obviously thinks she’s been ordained queen…

I can see why she wants to control firearms. Take away the guns, and she can take everything else she wants. Therein lies the importance of the 2A. The 2A protects the rest.

Molon labe…

3. Bill says:

Central Illinois folks ain’t like the Chicago liberal ass kissers. I can’t see them letting this stand. I live less than 40 miles from Champaign, and this BS had better not try and infect my little town,

4. censusdesignatedplace says:

Mayor Deborah. Every time.
    Short anecdote here,
    When I took veterinary classes the very first volunteers to castrate the bulls were women. I will never forget how enthusiastic they were. Never.

5. Dano says:

Nope. FUCK her. She cannot curtail your rights just because of an emergency.

6. Ken M says:

How is she avoided massive constitutional lawsuits? That’s idiotic even by Illinois standards

7. bogsidebunny says:

Sigh. Liberals push hard (Chutzpa) . Meek Conservative give ground (Love thy neighbor). Been going on for decades.

8. Paul J says:

What was his name before the transition?

9. steve says:

Another example of WHY the progressives are ginning up the hysteria……”don’t let a major catastrophe go to waste” someone from their ranks was known to say.

Steve

10. Smoker78 says:

The sad thing about this is read our National Defense Authorization Acts. Then tell me the difference between this local tyranny vs our national tyranny. Again, just because it’s legal does not make it lawful; however, it will not end unless we, the people, band together and rise up to put a stop to this madness.

11. WilliamGene says:

So when does the tar and feathering start taking place??

12. crazyeighter says:

She’s not gonna miss her chance to be a despot; there may not be another opportunity in her lifetime.

Hey Debbie, you were elected mayor of a town, not Queen of Fucking Everything.

13. Buddha says:

Not to say any of this crap is legal or justifiable, but what in hell would give the city any right to anything 2 miles outside of corporate limits? WTF?

14. Peter j parks says:

Seems like she could sit in front of the town hall and as you pass buy, you get the thumb up or down. I hope she has very deep security as at some point people will stop playing this game.

15. nines says:

I would only add that I appreciate the hell out of it every time someone spells “whoa” correctly. Ken just did it twice in a row here and I’m feeling uplifted by that much anyway.

16. Sarthurk says:

This bunch of fukin liberal vultures need to be stopped! They’re begging for another Fed Gumt tit. The little corrupt sexually perverse governor of Oregon is one of those little bitches that need to be removed from office, one way or another.
    Using the “pandemic”, my ass, to try to suck fed money to her special interests is criminal!
    Pelosi really screwed the pooch on that with her trying to sneak abortion funding into the Coronovirus plan. Another bitch that needs to be removed from office.

17. hvlee says:

All I know about that area is that my son went to grad school at UIUC for a semester. He said the anti-Southern prejudice was worse than any anti-Black prejudice he’d ever seen. He went back to FAU where he felt at home. He also finally connected with his Southern heritage. He’ll never be a redneck like me but it’s progress.

18. Brainmeister! says:

They banned the sales of Guns, Ammo, and Alcohol! I can’t figure this shit out, and I live in the middle of cthis mess!

19. TEXAN says:

Two phrases come to mind. “Absolute power corrupts sbsolutely” and “The Tree of Liberty must be watered from time to time with the blood of tyrants”. The Framers must have been divinely inspired to be so clairvoyant about the future of this country when the foundational documents were being drafted.

20. randy says:

To me this just sounds like “we hereby grant ourselves to ignore the constitution and do whatever we what”:

(15) Temporarily suspend or modify, for not more than sixty (60) days, any regulation or ordinance of the City, including, but not limited to, those regarding health, safety, and zoning. This period may be extended upon approval of the City Council.

21. The Jannie says:

My immediate reaction was to think – wasn’t it the late, great, Kirk Douglas in “Cactus Jack”, lying in bed, drunk as a skunk, shooting at flies with his pistol. She must have been inspired by that!

22. crazyeighter says:

Aw hell. What she’s doing is nothing. Look at what the bastards in Nashville are up to. This is on top of voting for amendments that the public haven’t seen until after they’re voted on.

23. WestcoastDeplorable says:

That’s about what I would expect in Illinois, one of the shittiest states I’ve ever lived in. I lasted about 8 weeks in Rockford. What a bunch of maroons

24. Gryphon says:

Here we Go… they can’t get the ‘laws’ passed to Ban Guns, so now it’s the “State of Emergency” play. Not sure which ones, but I think some States have Laws against just this shit, passed after the Hurricane Katrina incident.

Never Forget, one of Obama’s (((handlers))) is on record as having said that the State will have to Kill 25 Million of the “Deplorables” in order to institute full Communism in the U.S.

• crazyeighter says:

I also remember Rham Emanuel (AKA “Tiny Dancer”) saying “Never let a crisis go to waste.”

25. Nemo says:

Sooo, she just unilaterally declared Marshall Law, even though her “executive order” doesn’t state it those terms.

26. Nemo says:

What was it that Mini Mike called women? I think it had something to do with fat, horse faced lesbians.

27. Pablo Montana says:

Albuquerque, NM city council looking to vote on almost same exact verbiage. Check to see what template your city has lined up and has for a while. The Champaign mayor says that these powers have been on the books since 2006,before she was mayor! Was this template given to the cities under “Baby Bush”?
    If you download the PDF, note that number “20” is missing.
    This may have come from NDAA/Patriot Act.
    When Martin Luther King, Jr was shot dead in Memphis Tennessee, (1968) Mayor Henry Loeb declared “martial law” to some of the same extent..10 pm curfew, no alcohol, ammo, guns sales, etc. while the city burned in certain neighborhoods,