A little help from me friends

One of my readers inherited a pair of rifles that appear to be 22 caliber and asked if I could identify them. I told him that I had no clue but knowing my readers, maybe one of them could help him out.
There appears to be only one marking on them, shown in the last picture.

This entry was posted in Guns. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to A little help from me friends

1. H says:

Flobert rifle, made for shooting in the parlor with extremely low powered rim fire ammunition in a variety of calibers, some will chamber 22’s. Probably Belgium in origin. Don’t even think of firing modern 22 ammo in them unless you want to visit the emergency room. Opinions vary about suitability of using the little 22 rounds that have no powder, priming compound only, but it’s your eyes, so……

Also a web search on Google or Bing images for Flobert rifle should pop up a bunch of them.

2. samoore says:

Found a couple of auction listings.

P.B. Schop & Ce.
    Belgian “Swiss style” Parlor Rifle

$100 to $375

3. Andy says:

A Belgian parlor rifle. Either 22 or 32 rim fire. A bunch of information online. Search for “P B Schop and Ce Rifle”.

4. Jer says:

Belgin Made P.B Schop and Ce. 22.Cal. All I could find this morning. https://www.cowanauctions.com/lot/belgian-p-b-schop-ce-gallery-gun-3266934

5. Kurt says:

P.B. Schop & Ce. Belgium Parlor Rifle. .22lr or 32 rf. A web search for “P.B. Schop & Ce”. Is what I did. Returns a few hits with info.

Shit, I tried that and came up with nothing!

• Jerry says:

Different computers can seem to do that. One that is used for searches extensively of threads will open to that well. Go to another one that hasn’t, it will go off down rabbit trails the likes of which you’ve never seen.
        “But, I just saw it on that other machine.”
        Our google overlords keeping us in their place.

• Frank says:

I use a couple of different search engines, because some don’t give out non-woke information. Currently partial towards StartPage and DuckDuckGo, with an occasional Dogpile.

6. Rick says:

Gallery gun. Do not shoot regulsr .22s in it. You have to use a tiny .22 cal BB shell

7. Handsome Sleuth says:

Appears to be a Flobert rolling block design, but it seems that Google is not my friend.
    Nothing comes up for “Schop”, though I suspect it to be of German or Germanic origin.

8. The Jannie says:

What on earth is a parlour rifle? Is it for pinging rabbits from the parlour window or – more likely these days – pinging relatives you’re locked in the parlour with?

9. Wolffman says:

They’re a flobert style parlor rifle, do not use .22 short or .22CB, these are typically meant to be only shot using 6mm flobert cartridges, made by Dynamit Nobel, and 100 of them will run you around $45…a 6mm flobert is simply a rim fire casing with only primer, with a round ball protruding. Slightly louder than a cap gun, I own a parlor pistol and have purchased those rounds! Feel free to reach out with any more questions, it’s rare that I know anything more than y’all do!

10. gamachinist says:

The unmarked one is a “Warnant” action. It used the Flobert style cartridge, which is soft copper and is unsuitable for adapting to modern 22 rimfire without making a new extractor due to the larger head diameter of the Flobert. I’m not sure if it is strong enough for std velocity 22 long rifle, but may be okay with shorts.
    I have one that I relined but never finished because I didn’t have the time to make the exctracter.
    It is on my retirement list ( if that day ever comes!).

11. Cc says:

Thats what we used to shoot in our basement rifle range when i was a kid. The bullets were very short.

12. Wayne Watson says:

Used to use BB caps in my .22, to shoot in the back yard.

13. Pappy says:

It’s a FLOBERT rifle… I had a nice one, really good condition, was single shot, 32cal. rimfire. It had heavy octogon barrel. I foolishly traded it in at my local gun shop…..

14. Shell says:

Educational, this place is.

I’m constantly amazed at the wealth of knowledge I find on this site. If I have a question about anything, my readers will have an answer.