Y’all ever buy anything from these pricks?

A class action lawsuit against Wise Company, a survival and emergency food storage company, was filed on February 15, 2017 for “unlawful, unfair, and deceptive advertising and business practices.” Last year, the company agreed to settle the suit, and is expected to announce the settlement on its website by the end of business today.

The class action, known as Miller v. Wise Company Inc., U.S. District Court, Central District of California, Case No. 5:17-cv-00616-JAK-PLA, alleges that on its website and packaging, Wise made misrepresentations and omitted material information about how long its Long-Term Food Kits would last and how many people they would feed. Customers who brought the case (the “Plaintiffs”) allege that as a result, “customers were induced to pay more for those products than they otherwise would have.”

The Daily Sheeple can report that, not only did Wise Company allegedly mislead consumers about the nutritional content of their products, it appears that the company handed over highly confidential consumer data to the government – not once, but twice – during the proceedings.
-Stormfax

This entry was posted in Prepping, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Y’all ever buy anything from these pricks?

1. millerized says:

Once. Several packages of the same item (different dates however) had not been sealed. Letters and calls to the company went unanswered…until I responded to an unsolicited email a few years later. Told them the situation a second time, forwarded the emails of the incident, never got a response.
    That they’ve gone this far….what they got coming to them in the next few months couldn’t happen to a better company.

2. Dave says:

I bought very little from them, specifically because they would not provide me with ‘calories-per-day’ information about their food kits.

3. Brodougie says:

Yeah. They got about $700.00 out of me but I realized when I purchased that they had a low calorie count.

4. Sanders says:

Ordered some of their free samples once. Didn’t like them. It was supposed to be a meal for 4 people and it left my wife and I feeling hungry after we each ate half. I could not imagine splitting that portion 4 ways. It was a stroganoff, but there was only a few small crumbles of dehydrated meat and the rest was just pasta and it had no flavor.

I never believed them when they said that bucket they sold would feed 4 people for 30 days, either. Maybe one person, but not four.

5. FaCubeItches says:

Got one or two of their food kits a few years ago.

6. Paul B says:

Sounds like some agency is fishing for preppers. Got to know where to go once the Martial Law is declared for dinner.

7. Chris Mallory says:

Well shit. I wish I had seen this two weeks ago. Rural King is running these currently. I bought 3 buckets. Now I have to take them back. I did a search before I bought them, didn’t see anything about this problem.

8. Kaptain Kaos says:

I’ve never bought anything from those guys because I took a look at their products and immediately decided that it was overpriced and it seemed to me they were targeting upper middle-class consumers. I’d rather break down bulk dry goods into mylar, can food for short term rations and dip store bought canned meats in paraffin wax to stave off rust and have tons more calories for my money.

9. Anderson says:

They make the absolute lowest quality freeze-dried foods. Almost zero flavor. You would be better off just stocking dehydrated potatoes and Minute Rice straight from a Wal-Mart shelf.

10. Greg says:

Has Wise Foods set the precedent…that’s the question now.

11. A few years ago I responded to a free sample and their beef stroganoff, it not only had not a smidgen of beef but really sucked in the taste department. I sent them a note that I wouldn’t be buying their product because of the reasons stated and they said that they did indeed have complaints about the stroganoff, so I says to myself, “Why in tarnation would someone send out a sample of their worst product.” I make my own jerky and I left a piece of bison jerky in the pocket of a moose hide jacket from 1982 until 1988 and it was still edible after being re-hydrated. I go my own way.

12. arc says:

Nope, knew they were scammy years ago. Easier to get surplus MREs by the box.

13. Tactless Wookie says:

I ordered from them once. Their food was edible but had a funny taste. And they took it upon themselves to pestered the fuck out of me via email and telephone to buy more.

I hope this lawsuit bankrupts those skeevy asshats.

14. STW says:

My wife ran a buyers group for several years for friends wishing to purchase food for long-term storage. I imagine she purchased a couple or three tractor trailer loads over the years. Not once did she purchase from Wise. I know this because I was the strong back/ weak mind end of the operation and lifted every case. She considered them over priced sizzle with little steak. She will be pleased to see she was right. (If she liked something at Wise she’d figure out who their vendor was go direct. The list of actual manufacturers is remarkably short.)

15. Mike_C says:

Tried a package of their Chili Mac, and one of “Chocolate Dairy Delight” — mainly because they were on sale. Not favorably impressed with either. I actually threw away most of the CDD, which was certainly not delightful. Chili Mac wasn’t very good either, though I did eat all of it mainly due to parental programming about not wasting food (or food-like substances in this case).

16. Trib says:

Came across a box of 1 month supply for 1 person once. Still have it. 1/3 of it is sweet shit, oatmeal type bs. I consider it extra food if needed really don’t believe in buying crap like this

17. Tom says:

I tried Wise foods once from a free sample. It tasted like dirt and smelled worse. I can’t believe that they sell emergency food kits with less than 700 calories per day. Criminal. They lie and cheat their customers. You must read and research for yourself. And don’t believe the phony reviews they have either. Wise has been in one lawsuit after another for years.

18. Aesop says:

Every taste test ever printed reported that their portions were undersized and tasted like sh*t.
    Since ever.

Try before you buy“: Not just a clever rhyme.

Meanwhile, 50M backpackers have been eating Mountain House for decades.

Lesson# 3,000,002 in “Don’t fall for advertising copy and a shiny package.”
    Lazy and stupid people get their own reward.

So do scammers like the Wise jackholes.
    Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of douches.